Junior Physical Education
Aberdeen Hall is proud to be building a tradition of sporting excellence. The philosophy of our athletics department is to instill the lifelong value of commitment in each student, to foster integrity in each athlete throughout our training and competitive programs and to build excellence through athlete development and experiences.
- Daily physical activity enables us to practice skillful movement and helps us develop personal fitness and all aspects of our well-being.
- Knowing what we enjoy doing and knowing about our opportunities to participate in those activities helps us develop our fitness and a healthy active lifestyle.
- Understanding ourselves and the various aspects of health helps us develop a balanced lifestyle.
- Healthy choices influence our physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
- Developing healthy relationships with a variety of individuals as well as our community helps us feel connected, supported, and valued.
Unit Examples Include:
- Floor Hockey
- Track & Field
- Cross-Country Running
- Team Games
Students also participate in a variety of physical education field trips in and around the community such as swimming lessons at the YMCA/H20 Centre and ice-skating at Rutland Arena.
Physical Education In and Around the Community
PE Programming 2016 4-6.docx